Roses in Winter?

It’s a Tuesday, the first day back from break with the kiddos. It was a long, but good day. Felt good to be back. As I headed out of school to my car (his name is Eeep), my mind began to review the day and all the happiness in it. The feeling of fulfillment from hugs, smiles, and learning together as a family. I was back where I belonged.

My two bags, homework box, coffee mug, and water bottle were in the car and my mind was still on review when I slid into the driver’s seat. About to turn the keys in the ignition, I was suddenly interrupted by something red on my windshield.

Thinking I might be seeing things, I stepped out of Eeep just to be sure there wasn’t anything on my car, because, hey, that could be dangerous!

It was only then that I realized what this red phenomenon was: two lovely red roses and a note. The note read:

“AMANDA,

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Love,

DAD

XOXO”

(My dad always writes in CAPS…it’s kind of his “thing”.)

What a sweet thought and what a swell dad! His unexpected surprise certainly made my day!

945495_10208759552530159_5166846362858445312_nHopefully the rest of this year will be as sweet as surprise roses on a windshield in winter.

4 thoughts on “Roses in Winter?

1. what do you mean when you say It was a long and why did you name your car but it is a good name